Thursday 29 July 2010

swan in acrylics/work in progress

Hope I am not tempting fate by blogging this one, but if so it won't be the first one consigned to the bin., and it's all good experience. As my attempts with painting 'kess' In acrylics did not go as well as I had hoped (she is now on her second coat of oils and in the process of drying) I have started another acrylic painting. Thinking that feathers might possibly be easier (?) than fur in paint, I decided on another swan, mainly because I have endless references and also as I have just done a couple in pastels, thought it may prove a little easier!

Anyway this is 3 days in  spending a couple of hours a day on it, I am finding that is long enough at one sitting (read standing!) as I am losing concentration after this.

4 comments:

Sue Clinker said...

Dont you dare bin this ... its coming along so beautifully :o)

geraldine.boley@googlemail.com said...

lol! thanks Sue, so far so good.

Jan said...

I agree - it's going to be beautiful so don't you dare throw it out! I think acrylics go through a longer "ugly" stage and you just need to have patience with them!

geraldine.boley@googlemail.com said...

Thanks Jan, I had a bit of a wobble yesterday, I glazed some paynes grey over the whole piece to unify the shadows and the paint settled in the weave of the canvas, but I am hopefully pulling it back again, and if nothing else has taught me that in future I must prime my canvas even if it says already primed!
Gx