Monday 29 March 2010

Printing the moth and other stuff

Last week was a bit hectic to say the least. I had my presentation for the Secret World commission on Thursday, it went well I think, but will have to wait untill after Easter for comments/marks. The commission is finally pulling together, it has taken so long, but has been a huge learning curve. I have  a bit of work on the foreground and also may be screen printing the text, so am nearly done, which is just as well as I have some of my own commission work to get on with, as well as a second commission within the college course.


I had great fun Printing on thursday, and whilst demonstrating monotype screen printing with my moth acetate as a template, our tutor forgot to remove the acetate sheet and printed on that instead of the paper!



I rather liked the result, shame it had to be washed off, but I did a couple of nice prints so will post soon.
We are on our Easter break now, but have work to do before we go back, including an assignment/another Powerpoint for our theory studies. This is a larger one than we have done before and is all about analyzing our own work and influences, a bit scary but rather interesting.



2 comments:

Josef Hoccom said...

Hehe, Gail printing on you acetate was perhaps the highlight of that day! especially as she was being moderated! you produced some greate mono-prints, i liked the combat green/brown prints you did and i am looking forward to seeing you develop!! hope you are having a nice holiday so far!! c u soon!! Joe

geraldine.boley@googlemail.com said...

Must admit to a chuckle myself, and it wasn't even my fault for a change!